As the plane rolled to a stop, we could see the damp tarmack beneath us. The Muslim woman sitting next to me had talked about the start of the rainy season- lowering temperatures in the city, making life a little more pleasant. We gathered all are belongings, including my well loved pillow, and made our way down the steps and onto buses. Huge swarms of large moths were gathered around the lights and in the buses, kids playing and dodging them as we drove to the arrival area. Although cooler than we had remember, the warm moist air seemed to cling to our skin. We glanced at eachother and the overwhelming reality sunk in... we had made it to Africa.
As I write this I can hear the Islamic prayers echoing through the houses around us. Our visas were issued, our bags weighing over 400lbs were searched, and we walked out of the Airport with absolutely everything we came with and not a penny extra spent on fees. We spent today resting a bit and fellowshipping with some good friends. We are headed into town now, still needing to confirm our lodging and firm up some plans... while we'd love to jump into things and get going... we have to remember and respect that this is Africa.
2 comments:
absolutely awesome!
I can totally pic it, I am so happy that things went well. Love ya and am praying for you!!!!
Post a Comment