7/02/2008

Intersting Info



Every week Eddy and I teach at an English Club... an informal gathering of locals (mostly Muslim) at a nearby Institute. It's free for them and fun for us, allowing us to meet people and socialize. We try to keep things interesting by peppering our "classes" with some interesting facts and figures. Starting out with a game that encourages talking, we ease into teaching on a subject and end with group discussion questions. While preparing for this last class, we combed the web for facts on transportation and country populations and finances. During my search I came across a fun little website called "aneki.com", where they post different "statistics" (I put quotations because I question their accuracy...) Nevertheless, one topic jumped off the screen, "Cleanest Cities". And wouldn't you know that my home town of Honolulu, HI is ranked #2 in the world! Right below that category was "Cities with the Worst Standard of Living". Curiosity got the best of me... Guess which city is in the top 5? (Or is it bottom 5?) Yep, that's right, where we live now.
Pictures: The streets of a market near our home... Waimea Bay Beach Park, Oahu, HI

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! So... girl from the 2nd cleanest place in the world ends up in the top 5 worst places....
hm.... God does have an odd sense of humor! ;)

LOVE YOU!!!

Daf