
Endurance... for Eddy AND me! As some of you may know, Eddy has been training for the Twin Cities Marathon, coming up here on October 4th, and just today completed his longest training run-- 20 miles!! Keeping focused for so many months in preparation for a marathon, with long runs getting longer and longer, can be (or IS) a grueling process. But he's stuck to it and tomorrow will start "tapering" down the mileage, in prep for the big race in October. Well done!

And for me, well, I'm heading into the home stretch of my first pregnancy, 35 weeks and counting... Endurance for sure! I actually cannot complain one bit- it has been quite the uneventful and somewhat "easy" experience. So while physically, I'm holding up great, psychologically speaking, I think Eddy and I are trudging through the "terrified-clueless-first-time-parents-to-be" phase... which has lasted pretty much the whole gestational period! How do we prepare for something that we cannot possibly prepare for? How do I cope knowing that in a few short weeks I will go through some of the worst pain I will ever experience in my life? How do we DO this?!?! And then the somewhat comforting thoughts return... People have been doing this for years, decades, centuries!! We're not the first ever, we won't be the last and we're definitely not alone. We have wonderful friends and family that have all given timely words of advice, prayer and encouragement. And, of course, we have God... and no one tops his wisdom, insight and experience with children! AND, the big and, we're in going through all this in Minnesota- which has its hot moments, but is NOTHING like the land-of-sand... thank you for this wonderful respite, Lord!

We're continuing to work at the church in the mornings and Eddy is coaching a girls high school JV Soccer team. They've had 2 games- one win, one loss. But the loss was to a team with 20 players--Eddy only had 13! So, we're rooting for the St. Louis Park Orioles and hoping he continues to coach and train them through to a great season!

Pictures: Eddy on the run- the LRT in Minneapolis makes for an easy, but boring out-and-back... Our dear friend Jen and I at the MN state fair- check out that belly and the best roasted corn ever!... Me- the monthly update--he's still growing... I've started nesting and have taken up sewing again- with great fervor; here's one of the many items I've whipped out as of late...
1 comment:
Hi friends! Jess you look too stinkin' adorable! And Eddy! WOW! You're amazing! We just got back from staffing a Niko and missed you guys soo much! So many things made us think of you two! Some day we'll staff Nikos together again, I hope! Anyway, Hope you're doing well, can't wait for the little mini eddy to pop out. You'll be amazing parents, and Jess, you can do the delivery! Your body knows what to do! It's just another Niko moment, overcome! Love you guys!
Post a Comment