Eddy and I ended up going to a local pub and enjoyed listening to some live music- Johnny Cash style band. Sipping on a microbrew and nibbling on cajun tater tots seemed to lull away all my angst from the nap time fun. Nice!
This morning we had some guys over for the Premier League Final of Soccer; We had double screens, bagels and cinnamon rolls. It seemed to be a good game, although I spent most of my time tending to the kiddos, making food and cleaning. Which, I recently realized, makes me happy. I like taking care of my family; I like having people over and feeding and tending to them; And, I really like a clean house. I can't relax if the place is messy, or if there are dishes in the sink, or, the absolute worst, there's junk on the floor that I step on, like sticky rice. Petty; yes. But irritating as all get.
![]() |
| The yummy outcome...mmmmmm... |
And I also realized, that I learned this from my mom. Well, not the being irritated with rice on the floor, per se, but with loving her family through service and sacrifice; Through hosting people with kindness; And through her desire to be with us, spend time with us, love us and enjoy us. So, as I spent my morning making cinnamon rolls, washing dishes and hanging out with Ben- playing with his toy trains, arranging his Thomas puzzle for the ump-teenth time and watching countless episodes of Kipper with him- I thought of my absolutely amazing, fabulously adventurous, hysterically funny, incredibly humble mother. And how I hope and pray that I am just like her. I love you, Mom!
![]() |
| My lovely mother- at Iguacu Falls, Brazil/Argentina |





No comments:
Post a Comment